There are a lot of great reasons for registering for our site like the contests, the community and the extras like ways to promote your business or blog. The direct link for registering is here but you can also click the “Sign Up” button at the top of the page. Here’s how to get through the registration process:
- First click to the registration page.
- Fill our your username, your email and your real name and of course your password. Actually you don’t have to fill out your real name — it can be your username again or a nickname or a pseudonym. But make sure your email is correct!
- You can fill out the rest of your profile now or later.
- Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be taken to a page where you can upload an avatar OR the system will go and fetch a gravatar (if you’ve already created one for this email address).
- Now you have an account but it hasn’t been activated so you won’t be able to login just yet. You’ll need to wait until our system sends you an activation email. Note: CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTERS! Because this is an automated email it sometimes triggers the spam systems. You have to click the link in the email for the account to get activated. If you do not, your account never even shows up in our system.
Now there is another way to register that might take a little longer but can be useful if you are worried about getting your activation email. Just contact Dawn (choose “website support” from the contact drop-down menu) and she will register you by hand. Tell her what you want your username to be and your email and she will create a fake password and send you the information. By setting it up by hand, you bypass the activation process. Dawn will try to get to your request as soon as possible.
Also if you have registered and never get (or can’t find) your activation email, contact Dawn.