You can add your blog feed to that group as well or you can add it to another group. Here’s how:
- Contact the group administrator. You can find out who this is by going to the group and looking for the user avatar next to the group’s avatar. Click the user avatar and it will take you to the group administrator’s profile. You can message him or her and ask them to add your blog to the feed. The administrator reserves the right to choose whether or not the group will host blog feeds.
- If you own your group (for example, you might have a branded group to highlight your special interest, your business or the community you’ve built around your blog), you can add your blog by clicking the Admin button on your group homepage.
- Once you’ve clicked that you’ll see your Administration options including one button labeled “External Blogs”– click that.
- This will open a place to put in a blog feed. Note: This must be your blog feed url NOT your blog url. You can find your blog feed url by going to your blog and clicking the little feed icon up in the place where you type in your blog address in your browser.*
- Hit Update Feed URL’s and the blog is added!
Several times a day, our system goes out and checks to see if blogs have updated. If they have, it pulls in your blog title, name of the post and a line or two from your recent update. It will pull it in under the group avatar, which is hosting the blog. Eventually we would like to create a system where it will pull in your profile avatar but for now groups need to host the blog feeds.
* For BlogSpot blogs, this address will look like: http://name-of-my-blog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
For WordPress.com blogs, this address will look like: http://name-of-my-blog.wordpress.com/feed