Our groups are a great way to promote an upcoming fundraiser, workshop, conference or get-together. In some groups, only administrators can add events and in some groups any member can (it depends on how the group creator set it up). Here’s how to add an event:
- Go to the group you want to list the event under (all of our events are listed in the sidebar on our Groups Directory so there’s no need to add it to more than one group).
- Look at the orange buttons and click the one labeled “Calendar.” This will take you to the calendar page where you will see a list of events (if there are any).
- Scroll down and if the administrator has set it up for members to add events you’ll see a form to fill out.
- Add a Title for your event.
- Add the start date. (If your event will go beyond the start date, please note that in the description.)
- Choose the start time. (You can tell members how long it will go in the description.)
- Then fill out the description. Give details on what you’ll be doing and on the date or time if needed.
- Add the name and address of the event location.
- If you have the full mailing address, you should check the “Show Map Link” checkbox. This will link the location to the Google map.