What This Policy Covers
* This Policy covers how we treat personal information that we collect or receive from you when you use our Service. “Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable like your social security number, name, address, email address, or phone number.
* This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies and/or other entities that SupportforSpecialNeeds.com does not own or control, to people that are not managed or employed by SupportforSpecialNeeds.com, and/or to operators of sites to which you may link from the SupportforSpecialNeeds.com site.
Data and Information Collection and Use
* SupportforSpecialNeeds.com collects information from and about you when you register with SupportforSpecialNeeds.com as a Member and you use SupportforSpecialNeeds.com’s Service.
* Users who visit SupportforSpecialNeeds.com’s site and do not register do not need to provide any Personal Information. SupportforSpecialNeeds.com does, however, collect limited, non-personally identifying information from non-registered users that browsers make available whenever a user visits a website. This information includes your internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, cookies, and use patterns.
* When you register as a Member, we ask for information such as your name, email address, date of birth, state, personal interests and a password. Your password will be maintained on our system in an encrypted form and you will be able to create a unique username that will identify you during login and when you are using the Service.
* Certain Members may opt to participate in contests offered by SupportforSpecialNeeds.com where a Member can win prizes from SupportforSpecialNeeds.com, our supporters or our advertisers. If you participate in such programs, SupportforSpecialNeeds.com may require you to provide additional information.
* SupportforSpecialNeeds.com uses the information we collect for the following purposes: to improve our Service, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Posting on SupportforSpecialNeeds.com’s Service
* Use care when posting Personal Information or your personal content on our Service or in our SupportforSpecialNeeds.com Groups (as defined below), particularly sensitive information such as social security numbers, financial information, home addresses or phone numbers.
* You should be aware that, when you post information via SupportforSpecialNeeds.com’s Service, the information that you post – including but not limited to the content of the post, header information, username and email address associated with the posting – may be read, copied, used and re-distributed by people you do not know.
* The contents of the postings that you submit to the Service are stored and maintained on our servers in order to publish the postings and provide the Service. In order to protect our Members from email harvesting software and bots, we attempt to “mask” email addresses so that they are typically human readable but not machine readable. In addition, we collect and maintain information about your account activity, such as the contents of your posts, the links that you click on, your email activity, search inquiries, SupportforSpecialNeeds.com Groups that you join or manage, messages or topics you track and your preferred settings when the using the Service.
* To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Service, including SupportforSpecialNeeds.com Groups (as further described below), are only available to users and Members who are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, you may not use the Service.
* SupportforSpecialNeeds.com offers an element of the Service that enables Members to create and maintain their own “Group.” A Group consists of internet based discussions and other functionalities that allow participants in the Group to communicate.
* Groups include two types of discussions: publicly accessible discussions that anyone can access subject to the age restrictions described above (provided, however, that only Members can post to a Group) and restricted discussions that are limited to Members who join the Group. The leader of a Group decides who can access the Group and whether the Group is public or restricted. You should also be aware that the leader of a Group may change the restrictions on the Group at any time.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
* SupportforSpecialNeeds.com does not rent, sell, share, or otherwise disclose Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
1. SupportforSpecialNeeds.com responds to valid subpoenas, court orders, and other legal proceedings. We also may disclose information if we deem it necessary to exercise our legal rights or to defend ourselves against legal claims.
2. We will share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of any of our TOS, or as otherwise required by law.
3. We may transfer information about you if we are acquired or merged with another company.
* SupportforSpecialNeeds.com takes appropriate physical and electronic measures to protect against unauthorized access to, alteration of, and disclosure of Personal Information.
* Access to Personal Information is limited to employees who need to know that information in order to provide our Service. All of our employees enter into confidentiality agreements with SupportforSpecialNeeds.com.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Account Information
* You may edit your Member account and related personal information at any time.
* You may delete your member account by contacting SupportforSpecialNeeds.com Member Support.
Changes to this Policy
* SupportforSpecialNeeds.com may update and change this Policy from time to time.
* All updates and changes will be posted on this web page.
* We will notify you directly if we make significant changes to this Policy.