BlogHer is a week away and we just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for making the BlogHer Special Needs Mini-Con possible. Without a gracious community of members from this site and throughout the blogging world that identify in some way to special needs – and want to connect – this would not be possible.
I’ve witnessed a lot of beautiful things since I co-founded this site with Dawn Friedman and in honor of BlogHer and our time together next week with some of you, we…
– Know that a mom came here and found support about a feeding tube that provides nutrients to her child.
– Know that a group of moms have connected in a way that they know one day they will meet each other and they’ll always be friends.
– Know that a group of parents helped another parent through a devastating mental health diagnosis for her child.
– Know that a family received gifts from brands that supported a Holiday giveaway and it eased some financial strain.
– Know a mom who is a featured writer in this space where she has found her voice.
– Know professionals that have offered their time without compensation to educate a community about therapies, legal issues, faith.
– Know bloggers are connecting through Support for Special Needs.
– Know people feel supported here and welcome; not matter what their personal views are because there is mutual respect and understanding.
– Know people feel safe here. Trusted.
– Know that we are putting some good out in the world and it’s personally rewarding.
– Know that we consider it a privilege to bring this place to you where we can all support and be supported.
Thank you, thank you. From the bottom of our hearts,
Julia, Dawn and Brandy
Note: To support the site we make money on some products, product categories and services that we talk about on this website through affiliate relationships with the merchants in question. We get a small commission on sales of those products.That in no way affects our opinions of those products and services.